Ozone Park

Ozone Park

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Night Before

So here we go...

Crazy to think that we've been here 8 months and the final big project of our freshmen year is upon us. Tonights rehearsal was for me a great prep for tomorrow. I think I'm in a place where I now have a good grasp on the show and the journey and the needs and the fight that Jack goes through. Now tomorrow I need to come and bring everything I have to that performance. A realization I had tonight during the rehearsal is tomorrow when I'm doing the show who gives a fuck what everyone thinks. If I go into tomorrow and try to impress people I'm gonna be a mess. Instead my motivation for tomorrow is to go in and fight for everything that Jack needs because I owe that to you guys as a class for what you all have taught me this year and this semester. Then in the moment I really just need to listen and react all the while trying to regain control of my crazy household.

I noticed tonight that the more I listened the better I did. There were moments where I would suddenly start to think "oh shit what's my next line" and then I would literally say to myself "just listen and when it comes time for you to speak you will know." Ironically enough this was the first night that I haven't dropped any lines. I think that's because I was listening and not trying to micromanage the show from inside of my head.

Tomorrow I hope to walk out and feel that I gave everything I had and could bring to the process and that no matter what the opinion of our product is in the end we can all walk away proud and feel that we've learned something these last 7 weeks.

Best of luck and break a leg tomorrow everyone.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment