Ozone Park

Ozone Park

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pre-Show BLOGG

So, tonight's rehearsal was not the best for me. I felt like Monday's rehearsal was a lot stronger. Stronger in the sense that I was on top of the dialogue and I really focused on keeping Bernice more grounded physically and vocally. So in that sense, I was a bit disappointed in myself. I don't know what happened tonight but I became a "crack addict" as Matt said. Pre-show jitters? The fact that the writer was in the room? Unsure. But I think the most important thing for me is going to be keeping Bernice grounded. Although I play her as a bit eccentric, I think I tend to just throw my lines around instead of bringing a clear intention behind them. I also think this corresponds with the note I've been getting from Matt, that I am not finishing the ends of my lines, that I drop off.

My goal tonight before the show is going to be to review lines and textwork and notes Matt has given me throughout this process. I think I am going to rework a couple things for myself. Nothing too big to change what we have done. But I want to play less of a crazy. That seems to be something easy for me to do.

In terms of costuming, I am not going to take a shower in the morning so I feel gross and nasty for the performance. I plan on teasing my hair more in the morning and also putting on some awesome late 80's/90's eye make up.

Let's do this PIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment