Ozone Park

Ozone Park

Monday, April 11, 2011

Sister Abuse

So something happened today during the run, that I think helped me understand Maureen:

When I wasn't looking Jack swiped my cigarettes, took them right out of my shirt. I didn't see him and was ready to rage when I realized it was him. I stopped, he looked at me like "what, don't bother me." I immediately turned to Peggy and yelled at her for cigarettes.

This lead me to believe that one of the reasons Peggy and Mo's relationship is strained is because Mo took a lot of the rage of her father and mother out on Peggy. They yelled at her, so she yelled at the more vulnerable person in the house. A cycle.

She also probably didn't get the attention that she needed from Irene because Peggy was the younger one. I picture Maureen as a two year old asking her mother for a snack, and Irene telling her to go away because the baby is crying. Such is life. This is probably why she took a lot out on Peggers.

When Jason was born Maureen was a bit older, and in a stage where girls tend naturally to want to mother things. In that since I believe they were always close. When Jeananne was born, Maureen was 15 , out of the house a lot, and probably saw her as more of a nuisance.

Or at least that is my opinion this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment