Ozone Park

Ozone Park

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thoughts before final performance

So I've been disgustingly sick for this past weekend and after last night was not feeling too hot about the performance. All my work I had put in went out the window last night during our dress rehearsal and that scared the (pardon me but) shit out of me. So I decided to blog this morning after I had a good rest to think things over.

This has been a wonderful and exciting process. This play has so many layers to it that I find every day. It is very exciting and inspiring. And now after re-doing my textwork numerous times, getting the physicality of my character, finding her inner gorilla, finding the love in her, I just have to take a step back and now just "fuck it and do it" and not over think and stress. Everyone is doing so well and now all we must focus on is having fun with it, listen to each other, and commit to beyond the fullest.

So here I am in purnell and 7:40 am and I have finally decided to put last night behind me and not worry and just live in Irene today. I can't strive for perfection, but for total commitment in the world of Irene and give it all I got.

-Zanny

No comments:

Post a Comment